- The Dubuque County Fair is rich with tradition. As one of the oldest and most successful events in our county, its success stems deeply from the support of our Community.
- Nearly 20 local non-profit organizations benefit financially from the Annual Dubuque County Fair, using it as their annual fundraising
event raising nearly $100,000 to give back to our community.
- The Dubuque County Fair greatly assists in funding the Dubuque County 4-H & FFA activities at the Fair contributing $10,000 cash in
premium / ribbon money to pay ribbon winners.
- The Dubuque County Fair Association does not receive county or state money to support the Annual Dubuque County Fair. Less than 1% of our annual Budget comes from State or County Aid to assist with capital improvement expenses.
- The Dubuque County Fair is recognized by the Association of Iowa Fairs as a “Blue Ribbon Fair” designated only, to fairs who have shown continued improvement and growth.
about the dubuque county fairgrounds
A banquet hall-style wedding venue in Dubuque, Iowa, The Dubuque County Fairgrounds is committed to taking the stress out of planning your big day. From start to finish the venue’s friendly high-energy staff work with each couple to ensure their special day is flawlessly executed. Both spacious and accommodating, The Dubuque County Fairgrounds is the ideal option for your knot-tying affair.
Facilities and Capacity
The Dubuque County Fairgrounds comfortably accommodates up to 900 of your closest family and friends. Couples have the option of hosting their ceremony and/or reception either indoors in the beautifully appointed Grand Ballroom or outdoors in the spacious Festival Garden.
Couples who book The Dubuque County Fairgrounds benefit from an assortment of wedding-related services and amenities. Options include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Event planning
- Event rentals
- Outside vendors
- Wireless internet
The Dubuque County Fairgrounds offers an array of catering services from which couples may benefit. For an enjoyable dining experience, said services include the following:
- Hors d’oeuvres
- Buffet-style dinner
- Family-style dinner
- Station-style service
The Dubuque County Fairgrounds features a number of versatile spaces for couples to utilize during their wedding celebration. Most notably, the one-of-a-kind venue’s Grand Ballroom serves as the perfect location for hosting a rehearsal dinner, bridal shower, and/or engagement party.
This venue offers interested couples the option of including various event items with their celebration. Available upon request, items include the following:
The Dubuque County Fairgrounds is conveniently located in the heart of Dubuque, Iowa. Approximately 20 minutes from Dubuque Regional Airport, the venue is less than 10 minutes from several local attractions and recreational areas, such as Meadows Golf Club and Bergfeld Recreation Area.
Dubuque, Iowa 52002